Graduation and Exam Instructions
Before you leave the school, make sure you have completed the following:
- Required Practical Performances
- Hours Required by Your Program
- All Graded Exams and Assignments, including Resume and Portfolio (if applicable)
- Exit Counseling with Financial Aid Director (if you received Direct Loans)
- Exit Counseling on https://studentaid.gov (if you received Direct Loans) Typically Completed in Session with Financial Aid Director
- Returned Assigned Locker Lock or Replacement
- Make Satisfactory Arrangements for Payments of Debts Owed to School including Extra-Instructional Charges (if applicable)
- Complete Graduation Paperwork
Complete the following forms and sessions, usually within your last week of school:
- Career Counseling Session with Alex Naoum or Designee Schedule Online
- Contact Information Update Form
- Graduate Survey
Once the school verifies you have completed all graduation and paperwork requirements, a school official will send you a final exit document to complete via email. Once completed, the school can approve you for your exam and official graduation.
Diploma and certificates are delivered on or after the contracted graduation date or graduation ceremony.
Written & Practical Exam Application
Cosmetology students can apply to take their Written Exam after reaching 1000 hours. Make sure not to apply unless you have finished all units in your text book.
Cosmetology students can apply to take their Practical Exam the day after graduating.
Exam applications can be completed by selecting Self Registration at the following site. DO NOT apply for your practical exam prior to graduation. It must be done the day after your graduation or later. https://provexam.com/scheduler/
Before taking your exams, please make sure you have thoroughly read the most recent Candidate Information Bulletin AND FAQs, which may have been updated since your Mock State Board Exam training. The most recent Candidate Information Bulletins and FAQs are available at https://provexam.com/test-information/
Temporary Permit Application
Note: Your temporary permit will not be issued until you apply for your exam by submitting your Exam Application, which must be approved by the school.
In order to complete the temporary permit, you must complete the following steps:
1. Fill out the application at https://www.nccosmeticarts.com/onlineservices/permit.aspx
2. Pay fees
- Exit Counseling & Financial Aid Questions – Financial Aid Director
- Exam Prep – Paul Naoum
- Career Counseling – Alex Naoum
- Exam Registration & Exam Application – Prov
- Call/Text: (801)-733-4455
- Licensing – NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
- Graduation and General Questions – Alex Sherry
If you have decided to withdraw from the school, please discuss the decision with a School Administrator. Many times, we are able to work through situations with students.
Withdrawing students should:
- Notify the school of withdrawal decision by Withdrawal Form onsite, by phone, or by email.
- Complete Contact Information Update Form
- Complete Exit Counseling on studentaid.gov (Financial Aid Students)