Graduation and Exam Instructions
Before you leave the school, make sure you have completed the following:
- Required Practical Performances
Hours Required by Your Program
- All Graded Exams and Assignments, including Resume and Portfolio (if applicable)
- Exit Counseling with Financial Aid Director (if you received Direct Loans)
- Exit Counseling on studentloans.gov (if you received Direct Loans) Typically Completed in Session with Financial Aid Director
- Returned Assigned Locker Lock or Replacement
- Make Satisfactory Arrangements for Payments of Debts Owed to School including Extra-Instructional Charges (if applicable)
Complete the following forms and sessions, usually within your last week of school:
- Career Counseling Session with Alex Naoum or Designee Schedule Online
- Contact Information Update Form
- Graduate Survey
- Career Placement Form
- Use Personal Email to Complete. If employment has not yet been attained/finalized, enter N/A in required form fields.
- Apply for Your State Board Exam after your graduation date but before the following Monday (Recommended but not Required)
Once the school verifies you have completed all graduation and paperwork requirements, a school official will send you a final exit document to complete via email. Once completed, the school will approve you for your exam and official graduation.
Diploma and certificates are delivered on or after the graduation ceremony.
Temporary Permit Application
Note: Your temporary permit will not be issued until you schedule your Exam by submitting your Exam Application
and responding to the letter sent to you after you submit the Exam Application.
In order to complete the temporary permit, you must complete the following steps:
1. Fill out the application at https://www.nccosmeticarts.com/onlineservices/permit.aspx
2. Pay $5 and any other processing fees
D.L. Roope Administrations administers the State Board Exam. You register for the exam on www.dlroope.com. You will also find Exam Documents, Bulletins, FAQs, etc. on their website. Follow the directions they give you to register for your exam.
- Exit Counseling & Financial Aid Questions – Financial Aid Director
- Exam Prep – Paul Naoum
Career Counseling – Alex Naoum
- Exam Registration – D.L. Roope Administrations
- Licensing – NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
- Graduation and General Questions – Alex Naoum
If you have decided to withdraw from the school, please discuss the decision with a School Administrator. Many times, we are able to work through situations with students.
Withdrawing students should:
- Notify the school of withdrawal decision by Withdrawal Form onsite, by phone, or by email.
- Complete Contact Information Update Form
- Complete Exit Counseling on studentloans.gov (Financial Aid Students)